Frequently Asked Questions about GC Autosampler
- Why should I buy a GC autosampler from HTA?
- Is your autosampler compatible with my GC?
- Is my acquisition software compatible?
What changes are required on my Chromatography Data System (CDS)?
A. Why should I buy a GC autosampler from HTA? (Top)
You have at least 5 good reasons for getting an HTA autosampler:
- HTA isn't a GC manufacture: HTA is focused on robotics for sample management. It implies that our engineers dedicate all their time on development and study of sample preparation and sample handling techniques.
- HTA autosamplers offer more functionalities than a standard autosampler: we offer solutions for particular applications that GC manufactures often don't care about: for example SPME, static head-space by syringe sampling, auto-injector or sampling with internal standard addition.
- HTA autosamplers are priced very competitively: we get huge quantity economies and high reliability by sharing the same robotic platform among several applications . Moreover we have made a smart engineering choice: the development of a cylindrical robot (instead of an expensive XYZ robot).
- HTA autosamplers run on all GC brands and on all GC models: we support also discontinued GC models (no longer supported by the original GC manufacture). Therefore in case of GC replacement, you are not obliged to buy the same GC brand in order to re-use your working autosampler.
- HTA autosamplers offer full integration and compatibility with all GC brands. For this reason HTA autosamplers are available worldwide, by our dealer network and by GC manufacture partner network. HTA accounts nowadays an installed base of several thousands of autosamplers.
B. Is your autosampler compatible with my GC? (Top)
Customers that look for the first time at HTA instruments, usually ask if their GC and HTA autosampler are compatible. The answer is absolutely "Yes". Interaction between your GC and the HTA autosampler is based on standard signals that are automatically emitted by the autosampler and the GC. In fact, once the analysis starts, the two devices will exchange appropriate communication signals (GC-ready and Sample-Instant) and they will process the whole sequence of samples without any intervention by the operator.
A partial list of supported GC brand and model is available here.
C. Is my acquisition software compatible? What changes are required on my Chromatography Data System (CDS)? (Top)
Do you usually use a Chromatography Data System (CDS)?
HTA autosamplers do not require any change to your habits and allow you to proceed as you did before autosampler purchasing.
- As concern the GC, you will continue to set up and start the sample sequence by your Chromatography Data System;
- As concern the autosampler, you should simply confirm the sequence of work by the touch screen/keypad, or by HTA Autosampler Manager software or by the same CDS, if supported.
What about autosampler method and sequence editing?
The setting of methods and sequences can be made through:
- The integrated touch screen or keypad that is the most popular solution among our customers because it is easy, fast and intuitive;
- HTA Autosampler Manager that is the PC-resident software dedicated to manage our autosamplers;
- Third parts software such as: Agilent EZChrom Elite, Clarity DataApex.
See the "Software for GC Autosamplers" page for more details.