The HT600USP universal preparative stations meet the need to automate the sample preparation tasks by potentially handling all the phases included between the sample collection in the field and the sample analysis.
|Available for European Users only|
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Why automate the sample preparation?
There are many reasons for bringing automation in your lab. Every lab - and it does not matter if it is a public or private lab, quality control or on R&D lab - can find its own reasons. Certainly the most common reasons are:
- to increase laboratory throughout
- to improve sample tracking and analysis repeatability
- to improve job quality and job safety
For sure you will be able to individuate further reasons besides what is listed above.
In what consist the HT600USP - Universal Preparative Stations?
HT600USP (where USP stands for "Universal Sampler Preparator") is a modular robotic station.
Robotic... SCARA type (movimentation of a robotic arm by the combination of two or more rotations), that assures small footprint and high flexibility.
Modular... because made of a main unit and one or more additional modules:
- The main unit handles typically the moving operations of the sample between the different modules and the liquid handling (as dilutions, derivatizations, dispensations).
- The additional modules (for example: vortex, balance, uncap device, homogenizer) complete the base to implement the application of interest.
Partial list of the additional modules:
- mixer (magnetic, orbital or vortex)
- balance to automate your weighing routine
- bar code reader to track your sample
- thermal conditioning
- homogenizer and ultrasound bath
- rotating tray to extend workstation capacity
- cap/uncap device
Which sample supports/containers are handled?
It will use the sample containers that you will individuate.
It handles the samples in different formats: vials and tubes of different sizes, beakers, flasks, 96 well plates, falcon tubes, canisters.... The containers can be capped or not, with or without septum.
It doesn’t require operator supervision during operations because it can implement complex methods and handle sample racks of big dimensions.
Nevertheless the user can verify in every moment the samples and the operation status.
Designed to reproduce manual processes without method variations, it assures in this way a rapid implementation.
The use of a PC and an user-friendly software allows to reach the maximum versatility: to implement or to edit a method, the researcher no longer needs to rely on "external experts" but can act very quickly and easily by himself.
Integration with database or LIMS/LIS/MES systems is available.
The HT600USP stations are designed on the platform for liquid handling and sample preparation on which are based our autosamplers. So that you can take the benefits of a robust platform and of a highly customized solution.Analysis and comparative studies have validated the reproducibility and reliability of our equipment.